Calderdale Council have established a complaints procedure concerning their curricular responsibilities and those of the governing body of the school. The areas covered by the complaints procedure include things that relate to the delivery of the National Curriculum. They do not have the authority to investigate any other complaint.

If you have a complaint which is covered by the complaints procedure, you should discuss it informally with the Headteacher. If the matter is not resolved, you should notify the Group Director of Schools and Children's Services, Northgate House, Northgate, Halifax, in writing, giving details of the complaint. The complaint will then be considered formally by the school governors and/or the Local Authority, as appropriate. You can get copies of the complaints procedure from any school maintained by the Calderdale Authority, the central and area offices of the Council and all public libraries in Calderdale. All other complaints should be directed to the school. Governing Bodies have a legal responsibility to investiagte all such complaints.