Working Together To Safeguard Children
We know that some children attending Salterhebble may be vulnerable and, as adults, we have a moral duty to protect them, to ensure their needs are met and to support them and their family. As adults working with children, we have a statutory duty to ensure their safety and the healthy development of all children in our care. As a school community, we are strongly committed to working in close partnership with parents/carers and other agencies. It is everyone's responsibility to 'take special care' to safeguard and promote the welfare of our children.
Designated Safeguarding Officers
Mrs Caroline Bullard Mrs Anna Cook Mrs Claire Adley
The school nursing service in Calderdale, provided by Locala Community Partnerships focuses upon:
“Identifying health needs, managing long and short term conditions in education settings for children and young people aged 5 to 19 years”.
The service responds to local need, and works with other professionals and support schools to manage the wellbeing of pupils by:
- Delivering universal health services, improving the lives of all, with proportionally greater resources targeted at the most disadvantaged pupils
- Proactive identification of health needs, individual health assessments and appropriate follow up activity
- Support for pupils with long term and/or short medical conditions and vulnerable groups
Their focus is:
- Support for children with long term and short term conditions, including eczema, epilepsy, asthma and diabetes.
- Implementing new / best practice in asthma care
- Providing first aid training to pupils
- Supporting and assisting education settings to become health promoting environments
Locala will provide a fair and equal service that enables children and young people to access help in ways that are appropriate to their needs, with due respect to their age, gender, culture or race, religion, sexual orientation, learning needs, physical and emotional abilities and those of their parents or carers.
The Calderdale School Nursing team can be contacted on 030 3330 9974. The School Nursing staff are available Monday to Friday between 2pm-5pm. If you leave your contact details and availability with the administration team on the above number, a member of the team will return your call.